A Letter from Timo

The Wander Years EXTRA!
Its about time, I will admit that much. A year to the day behind schedule, I am finally at large in the world. For those who can't remember, and I don't blame you, I am going to NZ without flying. The Wander Years has covered everything that has happened so far (and there's been some interesting stuff, all still viewable in the archives.

I'd like to thank you for the support and great feedback I have had so far. Running this site has already taken a great deal of time, and it will do more so from now on. In many ways it helps my travel - forcing me to take pictures and giving me more confidence to ask for discounts or just try new things. It is already serving its purpose by keeping friends and family up to date - but I am also keen to share it with a wider audience. This will help my ongoing efforts to raise some sponsorship along the way. So please, you can help by printing and putting up my little "printable poster", link on the homepage. Spread the word to anyone interested in adventure travel - active or armchair type.

Finally - its gonna be a week or two before my the first journal from Russia or wherever. You'll understand, I just want to settle into the groove first. But in the meantime, I have put together a special page with some GREAT images from a recent day at the New Zealand Rodeo. I'm really chuffed with the pictures - I hope you enjoy them to. There are no boring words - and you can vote for your favourite image. (go to the homepage, look half way down the page under "whats new" and click on the cowboy saloon picture).

Hope you are all well - don't forget to leave your mark on the message board!

Timo
March 2006
www.thewanderyears.net