Reintroducing myself

Hello, I'm Kim Davis, editor of Extraordinary Jobs for Ordinary People, and author of The Yachtie Bible (out of print), and Crewing Aboard a Superyacht. My passion is helping other people find interesting work that allows them to travel at their employer's expense. That's what I did - working as a chef aboard a succession of gorgeous luxury yachts for 15 years.

I stopped that line of work only when I had children - and I left that about as long as I could! To say the least I had a great time, and I'm a living tesiment to the fact that one does not have to follow the path laid out by one's family, teachers or anyone else.

Today, I work from home as a freelance writer and web designer. I'm still circumventing "the system", and specializing in teaching others to do the same. In addition to writing about working aboard yachts for a living, I write about and publish other experts information about all sorts of other adventure related jobs. These include jobs on cruise ships, tour guiding, climbing, river rafting, truck driving, flying, scuba diving, commercial diving, jobs with horses, summer camp jobs, and any other travel related jobs my subscribers want to know about.